Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"SEE YA LATER," SALLIE BETH

Dear Sallie Beth,
I just got home from your going home celebration, and I have to say that I am grateful to God that I was allowed to see parts of our family through your life experience as short as it was at 53, but very full. When I looked around that church, I saw that your world was much bigger than our family history. I now understand that you understood the healing that was needed in our family was bigger than just the immediate and to satisfy that hunger, you went outside the family walls, just like I did to the bigger family in need. I know this was a healing for you, as it has been for me, because even Jesus had to leave his own home community, family and friends to reach those that were willing to receive Him and his ideas. We were told through many communications of God that if we were going to follow the truths of our heart, we could expect the same. There have been tears in both of our hearts along the way, but by going to your celebration ceremony, I know all of those tears have been worth it. I want to thank you for coming back into my life for such a short time, and it has made a powerful impact on me because I saw standing in that church the power that a generation curse can have on someone's life. To have allowed the curse of a couple of people to affect so many lives within our family and caused us to miss so much sharing is a shame. However, I saw hope in that church through all the lives you touched by staying in that community. You were the person that community needed, not me. To God I am grateful for that. You and I were as much a like, as we were different, but that is the reflection of God within us shining out. I see the breaking of the generational curse in your children, and that means job well done, my sister in Christ. As cousins, we didn't get to grow up together, but in spirit, we did and that reassures me that God will have His way. So, Sallie Beth as your minister said to all of your friends and family in attendance, “When you walk out of those doors, you can make a decision about whether you want to say goodbye to Sallie Beth or just, see you later. It's your choice. She'll be waiting”. Sally Beth, See you later!!
Love, your cousin
Brenda

No comments: